Monday, February 9, 2009

To My Caring Real Life And Virtual Friends

Glitter Graphics




The response to my post on our recent sad news of another divorce in the family was overwhelming. When I read the comments over, 56 at last count, I cry. I reflect upon what an amazing phenomenon this blog community has become for me. How healing and uplifting it is to know that our family is surrounded by such an outpouring of love, caring, and prayers. My family and friends pray; my church community prays; and the blogging community prays.

I'm sounding more mushy than I'd like, but I don't know how else to say what I want to say, and words don't do justice by half to what I think and feel. Some of you posted lovely prayers, others of you poems, and yet others, your own wonderful words. I love them all.

MadPriest linked to my post, and even Fr. Christian Troll gave me a link. Did you know that the he has a soft, sweet side to him? I fear his enemies will take advantage.

Ostrich left a beautiful poem by Raymond Chapman that touched my heart.

When we seem to walk alone, we are not alone because we walk with God even in loneliness.

When light turns to darkness, we are not helpless, because Christ, the light of the world, shines on us.

When we go into the wilderness we are not lost because God makes new paths for the wandering feet.

He knows our frailty, our imperfection, and receives us when we come, offering only our weakness.

Sorrow and anger and regret, he understands them all and out of them will make all things new.

It is not anger but resentment that devours love, not repentence but guilt that destroys hope: if we avoid them, what has been good will not perish.

Put your hand into the hand of God, go forward, lonely, but not alone.


Raymond Chapman.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. May God bless you all!

Image from Glitter Pictures

17 comments:

  1. Mimi you know how beloved you are among us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome and you and yours remain in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you, Mimi
    IT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still praying about this. For all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please continue the prayers. At this point in the process, each day brings a new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holding you all close to my heart, dear Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very sorry I wasn't here this weekend.

    Prayers, Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes the Community is a Great thing, remarkable, blessed.

    Continued Prayers for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mark, thanks. You're here now, and my daughter and her boys will need prayers for quite a spell.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mimi, this is what the gospel is all about. If we won't support each other, what's the point? Then we are like Paul's clanging gong. As he said, the greatest of these is love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. See that is what we do, we bad, evil, inclusive Christians. We keep reaching out, over any media we can find from walking down the street to the www systems to form and live in loving community.

    Prayers continuing to ascend.

    FWIW
    jimB

    ReplyDelete
  12. I confess that I had doubts that an online group could be a community, but no longer. It's simply another form of community, like the family, the church community, the neighborhood in which we live, and on and on. Even though some of us may never meet, there is a real bond of love and caring amongst us which, I believe, cannot be denied.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mimi,

    A silent member of your community speaking up to let you know how much I love your blog. Of course, I keep you in my prayers and remember there are many other silent members praying for you as well.

    Love,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brenda, welcome. Thank you for your prayers and your love. It was good of you to leave your very kind words. I try to remember those who are silent, but are here, nevertheless, and part of our community.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We hold you up, because you hold us up, Mimi.

    [No, not w/ a pistol, Jonathan! ;-p]

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.