Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Inner Peace


Diana, our one-eyed family dog

If you can start the day without caffeine,

If you can get going without pep pills,

If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,

If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,

If you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it,

If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time,

If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,

If you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend,

If you can conquer tension without medical help,

If you can relax without liquor,

If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,


...Then You Are Probably The Family Dog!



Posted in January from Doug, with a recent reminder from Susan S. I thought this was an appropriate time for a repeat.

4 comments:

  1. Yes indeed.

    I'm having a rough day today with my depression, yet I've been thanking God for our pups and kittehs. I've also been holding Babs and her pups and peoples in my heart today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big old "Woof!" out to Diana and Babs and all the family critters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dedication for all our four legged friends!

    Dogs sure are a blessing in our lives. I have three wonderful furry friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juanichis, I pray the dark cloud lifts.

    Diana is hard to photograph, because she's so black that I can't get detail in her face.

    Our pets are true blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.