Sunday, March 21, 2010

"SORRY, HOLY FATHER...."

From Rod Liddle in the TimesOnline:

Last year Pope Benedict XVI invited disillusioned Anglicans to join the Church of Rome if they were disapproving of, or merely bored by, women priests and homosexuals but fancied instead a few Latin incantations, rosary beads and the whiff of incense; this took the Church of England by surprise.

Now is Beardo’s chance to get his own back. He should strike while the iron is hot. Give the émigré left-footers free passage, one of those Christingle oranges and a DVD collection of The Vicar of Dibley — they can even cling on to transubstantiation, if they keep quiet about it.

Rod is naughty. Nevertheless, you may want to read his entire column.

Thanks to Ann V.

5 comments:

  1. I can't say I am Rod Liddle's greatest fan, but this is quite amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re "Beardo", I very much enjoyed Fr. Troll's recent Catweazle reference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, I thought the words I quoted were the funniest part of the column. I also got a chuckle or two out of the writer's name. I know. I'm bad.

    Lapin, Fr Christian trumps everyone in outrageous humor.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.