Saturday, September 24, 2011

THE ELEPHANT AND THE TURTLE

An elephant was drinking out of a river one day, when he spotted a turtle asleep on a log. He ambled on over and kicked it clear across the river.

"What on earth did you do that for?" asked a passing giraffe.

"Because I recognized it as the same accursed turtle that took a nip out of my trunk 53 years ago."

"Wow, what a memory you have!" commented the giraffe.

"Why, yes -" replied the elephant, "turtle recall".


Cheers,

Paul (A.)
Yes, I've asked Paul (A.) to leave the stage.

13 comments:

  1. Those biting turtles, memorable.

    Leonardo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never forgotten the turtle that bit me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi, you too must leave the stage, for passing it on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whiteycat, whom are you booing and hissing? The stage is empty. We've been banished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knowing Paul A. is nothing if not educational and I feel we should really thank him for all he has tortoise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, you know what you must do.

    (In truth, I'm filled with admiration, but don't tell anyone.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww Mimi!! (blushes) The real party is quite obviously now happening off the stage anyway. It's the place to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Booing and hissing Paul (A.) for even posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheers to Cathy! Now that comment is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pauvre Paul (A.). He gets the blame, and all he did was send me the email. I put the pun out there for the world to see.

    Cathy is right. Off stage is the place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. whiteycat - awwww!! (blushes again) :)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.