Saturday, October 15, 2011

ABOUT THE PLACEBO EFFECT

This morning after breakfast, I had a bit of heartburn, so I went to the cabinet for a tablet for relief. Actually, I buy the generic version of Zantac, because it's cheaper. My heartburn went away rather quickly. Much later I went back to the cabinet, and there was the pill lying on the counter. I never swallowed it! Have I made a new scientific discovery? The pill works even when you forget to take it, just so you believe you've taken it. Since I'm home alone, I had a good private laugh over the incident, but, of course, I had to tell y'all.

Picture from Wikipedia.

2 comments:

  1. laughing too! --I am constantly finding Joel's pills around... just thankful the dog doesn't eat them! No end of trouble one can get into when one is home alone, heh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Joel's pills not taken work, too? I'm so glad I have company. Thank Joel for me.

    I shouldn't be left home alone. For that matter, I shouldn't be let out of the house alone either.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.