Saturday, January 7, 2012

A COUNTRY TALE

A clergyman was walking down a country lane one warm summer day and encountered a young farmer struggling to load hay back onto a cart after it had fallen off.

"You look hot, my son," said the parson. "Why don't you rest a moment, and then I'll give you a hand."

"No, thanks," said the young man, continuing to work away. "My father wouldn't like it."

"Don't be silly," the minister said. "Everyone is entitled to a break. Come have a drink of water."

Again the young man protested that his father would be upset. Losing his patience, the clergyman said, "Your father must be a real slave driver. Tell me where I can find him and I'll give him a piece of my mind!"

"Well," replied the young farmer, "right now he's under this load of hay."


Regards,

Paul (A.)
This one really ticked my funnybone. I'm guessing Paul (A.) didn't sign off with his usual, 'Cheers', because he knew the joke would cheer me.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe Paul signed the more formal "regards" because what with your threats to punish Grandpere he doesn't want to encourage you to get any ideas involving loads of hay, Mimi.

    Anyway, I didn't see that punchline coming and I did larf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be, Cathy, but I have no hay. I could order a load.

    The Saints won again. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out loud, love these jokes, Mimi!!
    nij

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.