Sunday, March 18, 2012

GUNPOWDER


A tough old cowboy once counseled his grandson that if he wanted to live a
long life, the secret was to sprinkle a little gunpowder on his oatmeal
every morning.

The grandson did this religiously, and he lived to the age of 93.

When he died, he left 14 children, 28 grandchildren, 35 great grandchildren,
and a fifteen-foot hole in the wall of the crematorium.


Cheers,

Paul (A.)
I know.  It's Lent.  But it's Sunday in Lent, and we are allowed to laugh on Sundays.  The joke passed my acid test - the LOL test, which is what counts.

8 comments:

  1. Paul (A.) strikes again! Must have had too much Convention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drunk with convention. What a thought. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marez, now you mention it, I do see a face. My question: Is the gunpowder picture shoppable on eBay as the face of Jesus?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how many of the children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren survived the cremation?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erp, I'm guessing all of them. Is the family usually present for the actual cremation? I wouldn't vouch for the lives of the worker(s) at the crematorium. Where's Paul (A.) when I need him to answer questions?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did read about some fellow, an aristocrat I think, who died at sea and his corpse was put into a barrel of rum to preserve it till they got back at shore and he could be buried, except that the gases in his decomposing body blew the top of the barrel off and his corpse shot out of the barrel in front of his widow, then somehow this set the ship on fire so that everyone on board had to get into lifeboats and flee. That's one good way to cause chaos when you go. I wish I could track down where I read about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy, let me know if you find the source of your story, especially how the fire started. Poor widow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes, good thing he hadn't been prone to gas! :-X

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.