Monday, June 18, 2012

LAWYER OPERATION RECOVERY

A lawyer awakened after a serious operation, only to find herself in a dark room with all the blinds drawn.

"Why are all the blinds closed?" she asked her doctor.


"Well," the surgeon responded, "they're fighting this huge multi-alarm fire just across the street from the hospital, and we didn't want you to wake up and think the operation had failed."



Cheers,

Paul (A.)
Kudos to Paul (A.) for sharing lawyer jokes, since lawyering is his profession, though I note the lawyer in the joke is a woman, which may give him a degree of deniability. 

11 comments:

  1. My sister is an attorney who also shares the odd (anti)lawyer joke. This one is quite cute, and tame by many standards. My sister's favorite is the one about why they don't put lawyers' portraits on postage stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come now, Tobias, may we hear the joke about the lawyers not being on postage stamps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... because when they tried it people would spit on the wrong side. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one. Funny. I'm still laughing. This one keeps on giving. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed, Mimi. I smile every time I hear it, even more than once in the same day... It's just so _mean_!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both jokes are very funny. BUT I had to read Paul(A's) three times before I got it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just as I hit send I thought, but wait--What about professional courtesy. Wouldn't she get a pass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Paul's joke but Tobias' joke made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie, I'm not sure I understand what you mean about professional courtesy.

    Erika, the postage stamp joke stays with you. And, as Tobias says, it is so mean.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The devil as a profession courtesy would give her a pass from the torments of hell. Unless I totally did not get the joke. Wouldn't be the first time. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie, I believe you got the joke.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.